Mythical Beast?

HIWATT amps from the Hylight Electronics era

Moderator: Mods

Lostgallifreyan

Re: Mythical Beast?

Post by Lostgallifreyan »

You're welcome. And thanks for all info, especially the bit about the serial number sequences and Hylight's name, that's very interesting under the circumstances. I can't offer anything else now but to try to entertain with speculations and I already shot my bolt on that one... So I'll let it rest. I'll check back some time if I remember, to see if anyone found anything specific about this amp's making. I guess maybe they really are rare, generally, these 405's. But only 3 in UK, as I'd been told in person when working on the system this amp is part of? I bet there were a few more..
ak-47

Post by ak-47 »

Very cool amp... I wonder if any former employees ever look here and if they would know anything about this one?

You should definitely push to give it a recap so we can get to see some of those 'ominous' (D)R401 gut shots :mrgreen:
riba2233

Post by riba2233 »

ak-47 wrote:Very cool amp... I wonder if any former employees ever look here and if they would know anything about this one?

You should definitely push to give it a recap so we can get to see some of those 'ominous' (D)R401 gut shots :mrgreen:
+1 :D

If you don't do recap, many bad things could happen... And I doubt that the owner would want that, right 8)
Maxwedge413

Post by Maxwedge413 »

A very interesting piece...to me it looks way too clean to be not original

I was hoping for a sec that it was a (rumoured) 8xKT88 Hiwatt.

There's gotta be a back story, but I suspect that there is a bigger percentage of custom/one-off Hiwatts compared to most other brands.