WHAT DO WE ALL DO IN REAL LIFE?

Forum for pedal, guitar and off-topic discussions.

Moderator: Mods

Chris9723

WHAT DO WE ALL DO IN REAL LIFE?

Post by Chris9723 »

Hovering around here for so long, I get a mental picture of what some of us must do in real life.
Dr.Hiwatt must be a Dr... Is Proffessor Huss A Professor?How well do we know each other?
I'll go first. I myself, am an Addictions Counselor...Hopelessy addicted to vintage amplification.
What do the rest of you do?
Cheers
Chris
OldSchoolDave

Re: WHAT DO WE ALL DO IN REAL LIFE?

Post by OldSchoolDave »

Chris9723 wrote: I'll go first. I myself, am an Addictions Counselor...Hopelessy addicted to vintage amplification.
Counselor, heal thyself :D ?

After playing in bands through secondary school, three years of college plus a decade or so on the road full-time, I went back to school for structural engineering technology and am now a part owner and VP of Technology (i.e. the head geek) at a structural engineering firm. Music and math - same side of the brain, I guess.

Some of us now know each other quite well. To my knowledge, all those relationships started via the Internet :shock: .

Dave
...Hey! I played that song when it was new...

http://www.OldSchoolDave.com
mhuss
Site Admin

Post by mhuss »

I actually did use to teach electronics (many moons ago), but am currently an ethical hacker for a large international bank -- which pays much better! :wink: I know, "ethical hacking" sounds like an oxymoron, but my team tries to hack the bank applications before they get released (fully expecting that the evil haxors will do so as soon as the app goes live) and get the developers to fix any holes we find before rolling it out. "Ethical Hacker" also has a cool, double-naught spy air about it. :lol: 8)

--mark
Dr.HI-TONE
Site Admin

Post by Dr.HI-TONE »

I am a Doctor of Dental Surgery.
http://www.HI-TONE-Amps.com

HI-TONE, when only the best will do.

DR-F
mikhailwatt

Post by mikhailwatt »

Chief Estimator for a large commercial/industrial electrical contractor in Redmond. Not nearly as cool as "Ethical Hacker". :lol:
You can almost feel the current flowing
You can almost see the circuits blowing
GigawattCustom121

Post by GigawattCustom121 »

Last edited by GigawattCustom121 on Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:13 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"The faster you play, the fewer woman will be at your shows" ~Scott Henderson
jasperok

Post by jasperok »

Teach Computer Courses to 3rd level students, Webdesign,Photoshop, MS office that sort of thing - bit of maths,comunications and efl too.

My other job is as a recording engineer in a studio where 3 of us kind of time share

I'd prefer to be doing the later all the time but the former is a little more steady and reliable and with 2 children thats a prioity!

its not a job but i play bass for a band aswell and thats a big part of my life too as ive always played in some capacity.

Don't know much about electronics at all - my love for the sound of hiwatts is what got me interested in tube amps a while back though i like any real knowledge or skills in the area. - couldnt find a kit for a hiwatt so got a fender 5e7 kit - then purchased the hiwatt vhr kit - both are still unfinished due to lack of confidence! plus coudnt afford to buy replacements if i make a mess of it so slow and steady is the motto!
OldSchoolDave

Post by OldSchoolDave »

mhuss wrote: "Ethical Hacker" also has a cool, double-naught spy air about it. :lol: 8)
That explains the Aston Martin :mrgreen: !

Dave
...Hey! I played that song when it was new...

http://www.OldSchoolDave.com
James Hart

Post by James Hart »

New guy here... Operations Engineer for a major VoIP provider. I spent a few years as a PCB drafting in the 80s before moving to computers... spent a little time as a rock star between careers.

My day gig is a mix of Unix, Oracle, SIP, SS7, Sonus and a WHOLE LOT of sifting through Outlook :roll: but I pull 4x 10 hour days... I like 3 day weekends every week :D
shakti

Post by shakti »

Medical doctor, currently working in child and adolescent psychiatry.

Making up for lost childhood by amassing as many guitar-related toys as I can... :lol:
Dr.HI-TONE
Site Admin

Post by Dr.HI-TONE »

shakti wrote:Making up for lost childhood by amassing as many guitar-related toys as I can... :lol:
I can relate to that!
http://www.HI-TONE-Amps.com

HI-TONE, when only the best will do.

DR-F