Really scary...

Forum for pedal, guitar and off-topic discussions.

Moderator: Mods

midifarm

Really scary...

Post by midifarm »

I was bored today at work and decided to watch the Kids Are Alright on YT. At the end of the first segment I saw something that looked a bit unplanned and would make the good Dr. and maybe Dave's heart skip a beat, with Pete's full stack toppling over! I'm sure you've all seen it, but I had forgotten all about that and haven't always been a huge Hiwatt fan until recently. Check it out if you can stomach it. Kind of a faces of death for Hiwatt fans. lol
GigawattCustom121

Re: Really scary...

Post by GigawattCustom121 »

They definitely had an edge. The coolest part is they were paying for that stuff themselves back then I believe and still didn't seem to worry about it.
Last edited by GigawattCustom121 on Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The faster you play, the fewer woman will be at your shows" ~Scott Henderson
OldSchoolDave

Post by OldSchoolDave »

midifarm wrote: Check it out if you can stomach it.
Oh, the humanity :cry: ...

The stuff PT trashed back then would make an awfully nice collection today. Thank goodness at least a few escaped!

Dave
...Hey! I played that song when it was new...

http://www.OldSchoolDave.com
Bryce

Post by Bryce »

A few years ago I saw an entire backline take a dive off the stage completely. Band was trashed. Vintage Laneys, Hiwatts, Ampegs and a Fender Rhodes all went over. Thankfully all were fine. Don't know how, but that was enough to give everyone in the audience who was wise to the gear a heart attack!