VHC V (2010) Speaker Shootout!!!

Here's the place to discuss Vintage Hiwatt Conventions; past, present & future!

Moderator: Mods

thefatcyclist

Re: VHC V (2010) Speaker Shootout!!!

Post by thefatcyclist »

I have been waiting for the results for a while now, I did feel that the clips were too long and varied in musical content which made listening fatiguing, but didn't want to say. But I am now that others have remarked similarily. Shorter identical clips for each next time. Or.. here's an idea, the same clip recorded into a looper and played back through each speaker. Leads, chords, and a real world music example, through say with a G2 and delay.
louis

Post by louis »

thefatcyclist wrote:Or.. here's an idea, the same clip recorded into a looper and played back through each speaker. Leads, chords, and a real world music example, through say with a G2 and delay.
Mark has suggested the same !
.......................................................................................................................

I think next time we'll DI the guitar signal and then play back the exact same thing through each test subject.
It's too hard to judge with varying selections.

M Huss
mhuss
Site Admin

Post by mhuss »

The looper is a good and easy-to-implement idea as well.

A few licks and some crunch chords would be plenty to get a feel for the speaker sounds. 30 seconds max for each sample.

Live and learn, :lol:

--mark
theSeeker

Post by theSeeker »

You guys have done a great service here! I have a Swanson Hylight cab w/ 2003 cast Fane reissues. I have always wondered what other speakers may sound like in there and now I have a reference point. A common audio input will make the shootout even better. Keep it up!

Jason