MusicGround Father and son guitar theft charges

Forum for pedal, guitar and off-topic discussions.

Moderator: Mods

Dr.HI-TONE
Site Admin

Re: MusicGround Father and son guitar theft charges

Post by Dr.HI-TONE »

another interesting bit borrowed from another forum.

I have a couple of buddies who are pretty friends with Pierpaulo, staying with him in Italy. They also both know Rick Harris pretty well, visiting MG and seeing the operation they described as a manufacturing facility for forged vintage Vox & Marshall amps. After reading this thread, I emailed one of them asking if Richard Harris and the victim Pierpaulo knew each other. His reply including a sarcastic term of endearment was;

"Yes He & Rick were 'friends'
Whenever Rick was in Suave at Pierpaolo place
he was caseing the joint then he had Russian
gangsters pull the job for him Twice!
Rick is a total thief I love him"

I then replied suggesting the possibility of this being a collusive act between the two....ya never know. Again his reply;

"No not at all
Pierpaulo loved those guys &
is very honest"

The Papa Harris and Jr. are probably the lowest of the lowest I've ever heard of in this business.
http://www.HI-TONE-Amps.com

HI-TONE, when only the best will do.

DR-F
OldSchoolDave

Post by OldSchoolDave »

Dr.HIWATT wrote:The Papa Harris and Jr. are probably the lowest of the lowest I've ever heard of in this business.
And, considering we're talking about the music business, that's pretty damn low :( .

Dave
...Hey! I played that song when it was new...

http://www.OldSchoolDave.com
ak-47

Post by ak-47 »

OldSchoolDave wrote:
Dr.HIWATT wrote:The Papa Harris and Jr. are probably the lowest of the lowest I've ever heard of in this business.
And, considering we're talking about the music business, that's pretty damn low :( .

Dave
++1

Pretty much everyone I know who work in the business, who are really into music, and can truly appreciate the artwork of good equipiment, are incapable of even thinking about the crimes these guys are convicted of... sad really... but a reality check too... these types are out there... some people will do anything for cash.

These guys just went totally overboard and anyone who has done a little research can find LOTS of info about them. I honestly don't understand how they could hope to get away with this sort of thing indefinitely :shock:

In fact, a dealer I know here told me he once had a client who was after a '62 jazz bass in a custom colour... this topic came up at a guitar show and was overheard by you know who... his comment: ''I have a sunburst '62 but it can be an original custom colour in a week or two...'' Aaarrgh! ...makes my stomache turn!!! :evil:
azwhofan

Post by azwhofan »

OldSchoolDave wrote:I've been thinking about this and the possible silver lining is that they have gone from being suspected criminals or alleged criminals to convicted criminals.

At least that's on the record for all the world to see :? .

Dave
Amen!
hohohiwatter

Post by hohohiwatter »

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/n ... -1-4289238

its in this paper 2.

what i dont get is, how come their buisness and all their dodgy ebay names selling overpriced & faked amps and other stuff are still trading? maybe they have the buisness under the wifes or some1 elses name?
the sentence they got is criminal!

this maybe another 1 of their dodgy names, as they make a wem 4x12 replica cab with printed cloth, then this seller pops up.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wem-Watkins-4 ... 35ba2d244a
U CANT BEAT A DR103 THRU AN SE4122 ON FULL TITS! BREAKOUT THE DEFAID!
hohohiwatter

Post by hohohiwatter »

jeez an some1 has fallen for buying a meter square for 100quid! :shock:
Dr.HI-TONE
Site Admin

Post by Dr.HI-TONE »

they are still screwing people on ebay
Scum like this will not stop till the day they die. it's who they are.
http://www.HI-TONE-Amps.com

HI-TONE, when only the best will do.

DR-F
hohohiwatter

Post by hohohiwatter »

i just cant understand how they can get away with it?!
shouldnt the fraud squad be onto them or summit?
menace2u

Post by menace2u »

While I am in no way defending these people I must point out that their auction for the replacement grill cloth is clearly spelled out and factual.

How far the fool and his money are willing to go before parting is the beauty of Flea-Bay................ :roll:

We are happy to offer the following vintage /repro spare that will help restore you item to its original factory condition , details as follows

Wem /Watkins Grill Cloth
Replica /Reissue
Black + Red
Size 30 + 30 (inch)

Notes , The above is a printed replica grill that was used on many wem , watkins amplifiers + speaker cabinets

(Note we have no affiliation with the wem , watkins company and the above simply a replica )
OldSchoolDave

Post by OldSchoolDave »

hohohiwatter wrote: what i dont get is, how come their buisness and all their dodgy ebay names selling overpriced & faked amps and other stuff are still trading? maybe they have the buisness under the wifes or some1 elses name?
They keep (slightly) altering their business names, as a chameleon changes its color. Apparently, before this particular sh1t hammer came down, they moved a lot of assets into HIWATT UK, as that name wasn't under investigation :evil: .

Dave
...Hey! I played that song when it was new...

http://www.OldSchoolDave.com