experts??

HIWATT amps from the Hylight Electronics era

Moderator: Mods

gldtp99

Re: experts??

Post by gldtp99 »

The PCB DR504 that didn't even get an opening bid of $1000 won't be re-listed---- i made arrangements with the owner to get it myself-----i won't be selling it----- a Hylight Hiwatt for a little more than what it would cost me to build a DR504 clone ?
Heck yes, i got it !!!! Even though it's a PCB that has "fizz"----- :lol: :lol:--- i'll have to get the info from Mark's site to see what the fizz issue is all about and how to correct it.
I understand that the turretboard one was in better shape but this one is known to me and it sounds good.
Yes, this is one of the Hylight DR504's that was A/B'd against my two Heyboer-equipped DR504 clones---- my clones still sound better.
I've been building hotrodded Marshall 2204's and i have an Orange OR80 clone on my bench now being built---- i finally got my '74 Orange OR80 straightened out (so many people came by and gushed about the POS/inop OR80 that i decided to make a clone for local sale)---- exposure to the elements had corroded/degraded almost everything inside and the orig OT was MIA---- got parts from Matamp----- i'm not a fan of vintage Orange PCB's- :( ---- Hylight Hiwatt PCB's aren't nearly as touchy------ my OR80 clone is being built on a turret board. i really don't like PCB's much at all but sometimes it's easier to deal with them than to rebuild the whole thing with turrets....................gldtp99
Dr.HI-TONE
Site Admin

Post by Dr.HI-TONE »

Gldttp99, That is a good deal! I missed the end of that auction.

Barring a major economic collapse, the prices aren't going to get any cheaper. Both of the amps in this thread were very good deals.
http://www.HI-TONE-Amps.com

HI-TONE, when only the best will do.

DR-F
lffish133

Post by lffish133 »

nice gldtp99, I would have picked that one up myself if I didn't get my 505. Cool!
-lffish133