My 1970 SAP DR103 #749

HIWATT amps from the Hylight Electronics era

Moderator: Mods

Dr.HI-TONE
Site Admin

Post by Dr.HI-TONE »

I have been looking at a lot of HIWATT Pictures the last couple of days, and didn't see any RS pots used before mid 1971. These amps all happened to be built by Harry Joyce. Maybe Harry just had a deal with RS?

All of the '68-'70 amps that I had pictures of had the Dubilier pots.

This is based on a few dozen amps. Just an observation, based on just a drop in the bucket!
http://www.HI-TONE-Amps.com

HI-TONE, when only the best will do.

DR-F
countdecibel

Re: My 1970 SAP DR103 #749

Post by countdecibel »

"Count Decibel Suggests"...to the aficionado who wrote...: "...cleaned up a river of rust."...and to ALL HIWATTskis who may face any rust problems in/future. Go to your local Supermarket/Grocery Store's "Laundry/Detergents/etc" Isle and buy a bottle of "Whink 01261 6OZ Rust Stain Remover" by Whink....
CAREFUL HIWATTskis !!! Whink's Active Ingredient is HYDROFLUORIC ACID...AND...Hydrofluoric Acid is THE MOST CORROSIVE Acid KNOWN (actually, "Aqua Regia" is), in that it will dissolve EVERY and ANY...thing, EVEN GLASS ! In Thee Dayes of Yore it was (HAD TO BE) kept/stored in WAX containers; nowadays Plastic and PTFE are used. A LITTLE DAB'll Do Ya. Experiment with SMALL amount...and rinse w/water after the rust DISAPPEARS Before Your Very Eyes. BTW. If the rust has gotten to the "Rust Scale Point", scrape or brush first.