FS: 1975 SE4123 Cabinet

List your HIWATT / Fane equipment here. BUYER BEWARE! This site does not investigate / moderate / warranty any gear deals.

Moderator: Mods

Olsvik

FS: 1975 SE4123 Cabinet

Post by Olsvik »

Hey fellas,

I have a 1975 SE4123 that I'd like to go to a good home. As far as I'm aware, all four Fanes are original, as well as the tolex, grill, badge, etc., but you folks would know better than I. I know what I paid for it a year ago, but I'm not entirely certain how the vintage amp market has held up since then given the economic meltdown and what have you. If there is any interest, I am happy to discuss pricing.

The unfortunate part is that I live on the east coast of Canada, so local pickup for most of you folks would likely be impossible, and shipping/packing quite expensive. Anyways, I've rambled on for long enough, here are the photos:

There is an additional tear in the grillcloth about the size of a quarter that does not show up in the first photo. Thanks folks.

-Craig.
Hamtone

Re: FS: 1975 SE4123 Cabinet

Post by Hamtone »

I'm interested and I live in Maine.
Olsvik

Post by Olsvik »

Oh, great, that's pretty close! I am in Halifax, Nova Scotia.
Olsvik

Post by Olsvik »

Still available. Looking for $1000.00 US.
Olsvik

Post by Olsvik »

Can't seem to sell this...still have it.

Is my price out of line?
OldSchoolDave

Post by OldSchoolDave »

Olsvik wrote: Is my price out of line?
Can only speak from my perspective, but shipping from Halifax to the central U.S. is one hurdle. The kinda ugly patch on the grill is another.

Have you verified the cones are original and unrepaired? If they are, I don't think your current asking price is unreasonable. There are likely more potential buyers stateside. If you could find a way to ship the cab from a U.S. location, it might make it more attractive.

Then again, there's that darn economy impacting everything :( .

Dave
...Hey! I played that song when it was new...

http://www.OldSchoolDave.com
Olsvik

Post by Olsvik »

Yeah, I figured location was the biggest factor, definitely. Unfortunately I have no way to ship from the U.S. at the moment. I can't even seem to generate any interest locally, either. But there isn't much of a market for quality vintage gear around these parts, it's mostly garbage Marshall DSL and crap like that. I guess I'll consider putting it up on eBay, but it's such a hassle.... :D

As far as the grill cloth patch, would it be recommended to remove it and just have the hole instead?

About the cones, I believe they are all stamped '75 so I'm pretty sure they are original. I could provide photos if need be.
OldSchoolDave

Post by OldSchoolDave »

Olsvik wrote:As far as the grill cloth patch, would it be recommended to remove it and just have the hole instead?
Might be. The patch is a distraction to me. Others may not mind it.
Olsvik wrote:About the cones, I believe they are all stamped '75 so I'm pretty sure they are original. I could provide photos if need be.
Those are the frame stamps. Look for inked numbers on the cones themselves. Take (macro) pics of them if you can. Those are important factors when buying a vintage cab.

Dave
...Hey! I played that song when it was new...

http://www.OldSchoolDave.com
Olsvik

Post by Olsvik »

Yeah, my bad, I was thinking frames when you said cones. I'll try and take some pics next time I'm at the rehearsal studio.
Olsvik

Post by Olsvik »