Slade Hiwatt Amps

HIWATT amps from the Hylight Electronics era

Moderator: Mods

supershifter2

Slade Hiwatt Amps

Post by supershifter2 »

Does anyone know what modifications were done to Dave Hills and Noddy Holders DR201 amps ? They were the guitar players in the band Slade.
Attachments
noddy 1.jpg
noddy 1.jpg (141.8 KiB) Viewed 3681 times
dave hill hiwatt.jpg
dave hill hiwatt.jpg (41.86 KiB) Viewed 3681 times
OldSchoolDave

Re: Slade Hiwatt Amps

Post by OldSchoolDave »

What makes you think they were modded?

A member of the since deceased plexi palace forum owned a Slade DR201. I don't recall him mentioning mods. Unfortunately, that archive appears to be lost forever :( .

Dave
...Hey! I played that song when it was new...

http://www.OldSchoolDave.com
supershifter2

Post by supershifter2 »

ooops
Last edited by supershifter2 on Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
supershifter2

Post by supershifter2 »

OldSchoolDave wrote:What makes you think they were modded?

A member of the since deceased plexi palace forum owned a Slade DR201. I don't recall him mentioning mods. Unfortunately, that archive appears to be lost forever :( .

Dave
Several years ago I read they had a tone stack mod. There were also fotos on the web of resistor(s) across the speaker outputs so Noddys spare could be left on and ready for immediate use if the one he was using blew. I'v been listening to Slade since the 70's, great band !
JeffH

Post by JeffH »

On the first picture in this thread the amps in the middle and on the right appear to be slave amps (Slade's slaves?).
mhuss
Site Admin

Post by mhuss »

Because one 201 is just not enough. :shock:
supershifter2

Post by supershifter2 »

A few years ago I bought a Marshall 412 cabinet from a CL ad. The guy also had a Hiwatt 200 slave amp he was going to sell. I wasnt interested in it and threw his number away. A few months ago I was wishing I had kept his number cause I would like to buy that slave. He lives about 40 miles somewhere south of me in the socal area. I wish I could remember where.