musicground FAIL.

Forum for pedal, guitar and off-topic discussions.

Moderator: Mods

Hiwatt Bob

musicground FAIL.

Post by Hiwatt Bob »

i'm sure people know about this--but:

http://www.mi-pro.co.uk/news/30985/Musi ... -appointed

Following several weeks of rumour and speculation, Music Ground, the three-strong retail chain owned by father and son team, Rick and Justin Harrison (who also own the amplifier brand Hi Watt and have several other shops in London's Denmark St) , has closed its doors. The Manchester Music Ground, in Oxford Rd, was the first to be closed, two weeks ago, while the branches in Call Lane, Leeds and Denmark St, London, were closed this morning. The fate of the Harrisons' other shops - a total of five in London's Denmark St, including such icons as Roka's, Hanks, Andy's and The Bass Cellar, is unclear but it seems likely that following a rearrangement, at least some of these will remain open. Speaking to MI Pro today, Justin Harrison was unable to discuss the closures but confirmed that a liquidator was in the process of being appointed. Harrison stressed that Hi Watt - a separate business - remains healthy and is still very much in business. He hoped to be in a position to make a statement about the underling reasons for the closures and to reveal future plans in a few weeks.

MI Pro was unable to speak with the liquidator, but can confirm that enquiries should be directed to P & A Partnership, 93, Queen St. Sheffield. 0114 275 5033.

At least they (hopefully) won't be forging vintage gear anymore.
buckkillr8

Re: musicground FAIL.

Post by buckkillr8 »

Good riddance!
thefatcyclist

Post by thefatcyclist »

Hi,
As with all things MG not all is as clear cut. See below.
“Re: Re: Re: Music Ground on EBAY”
Posted by: Justin Harrison - Apr 1, 11:09am
Hi
This is justin harrison from music ground , thought i would post the actual facts about my company in terms of liquidation , based on difficult trading conditions and high rents , it has been decided with great sadness that we liquidate our northern sites in leeds , manchester and focus our energies on our london , usa locations and internet site , many staff members have been relocated and are all looking forward to a very positive future , if you have any direct questions please mail me personally on mgleedsds@aol.com or call on 0113 2438165
JUSTIN

If the whole company is not going down it would appear that they are structured in such a way as to be able to liquidate part of the company, which is very strange. Because this reads like they are just closing a few branches, so why use the word liquidate?
J
mhuss
Site Admin

Post by mhuss »

I'm sure they're keeping their highly profitable counterfeiting business. :?

--mark
buckkillr8

Post by buckkillr8 »

mhuss wrote:I'm sure they're keeping their highly profitable counterfeiting business. :?

--mark
That's their only business.
alschnier

Post by alschnier »

interesting thread on the vox forum, in which steve from JMI shares some insight on dealing w. MG
http://www.vintageamps.com/plexiboard/v ... =2&t=90460

more of the same. doesn't really give one a warm & cozy feeling... :(