Show me your pedalboard - VHC edition

Forum for pedal, guitar and off-topic discussions.

Moderator: Mods

GigawattCustom121

Show me your pedalboard - VHC edition

Post by GigawattCustom121 »

Alright guys, show me what you feed your pedal-eaters :) Here's the board I've been using in my recent cover band.

Chain: Budda Wah --> Korg Pitchblack --> MXR '74 Phase 90 --> MXR Bass Octave DLX --> ProCo RAT2 '92 --> Ibanez T9 --> Boss CE2 --> Boss DM-3 --> Hardwire DL8
Last edited by GigawattCustom121 on Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
"The faster you play, the fewer woman will be at your shows" ~Scott Henderson
Dr.HI-TONE
Site Admin

Re: Show me your pedalboard - VHC edition

Post by Dr.HI-TONE »

for the last couple years mine has consisted of an input jumper.
but I might reassemble the board for the Convention
http://www.HI-TONE-Amps.com

HI-TONE, when only the best will do.

DR-F
OldSchoolDave

Post by OldSchoolDave »

My "pedal board" is mostly in a rack:

There's a Tube Driver, a killer MXR Flanger/Doubler, an Ibanez Analog Multi unit, Furman spring reverb, Digitech digital delay and, finally, a sonic maximizer to restore some juice to the chain.

On the floor, I have a Boss CE-3 Chorus, Ibanez TS-9 (with the good chip) and Bad Monkey.

The A/B/Y switch determines which amp (clean or crunchy) receives the signal.

Dave
...Hey! I played that song when it was new...

http://www.OldSchoolDave.com
mikhailwatt

Post by mikhailwatt »

No pics at present, and it's always subject to change:

Boss TU-2 --> Fulltone OCD v.4 --> Fulltone Fatboost 3 --> MXR Carbon Copy --> Boss CH-1 --> Fulltone Mini DejaVibe (stereo) --> L-R to separate Hylight (or clone) half stacks.

I also have an old CryBaby (needs work) and a newer Vox wah, but haven't used either in a while. Might add another Carbon Copy to the chain soon.
Might also go back to a wet/dry/dry/wet rig when my Faustine Phantom attenuators arrive... if I can figure out how to keep it reasonably compact. :shock:
You can almost feel the current flowing
You can almost see the circuits blowing
GigawattCustom121

I think someone out there must be holding back a massive Gilmour-ish rig :P
GigawattCustom121

OldSchoolDave wrote:On the floor, I have a Boss CE-3 Chorus, Ibanez TS-9 (with the good chip) and Bad Monkey.
Dave, I thought you weren't a tube screamer guy?
Last edited by GigawattCustom121 on Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
GigawattCustom121

mikhailwatt wrote: Might also go back to a wet/dry/dry/wet rig .... if I can figure out how to keep it reasonably compact. :shock:
haha.. Practical and ideal just always are at odds with each other... I wanted to go wet/dry too but it's such a pain to haul huh? :D
Last edited by GigawattCustom121 on Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:48 am, edited 3 times in total.
OldSchoolDave

Post by OldSchoolDave »

GigawattCustom121 wrote: Dave, I thought you weren't a tube screamer guy?
I don't care for the Tube Screamer into a Hiwatt, but do use it into a Marshall or Fender. The Bad Monkey actually works better for me with Hiwatt and Vox amps. I now have an OCD (gently used by the good Professor Huss), but haven't played live since getting it.

Of course, Your Mileage May Vary!

Dave
...Hey! I played that song when it was new...

http://www.OldSchoolDave.com
thames

Post by thames »

Here's mine.... major transformation to come, I bought an ATA pedalboard....

add to this a Whirlwind Phaser (just arrived), a BF-2 Flanger, a Triangle Muff clone.....
It is quite close to a Gilmour rig.... but from someone who didnt wanted to :roll:

Bryce

Post by Bryce »

I know I've beaten this horse to death but those rack Tube Drivers are absolutely the best. That "bias" knob really makes all the difference (between a 50-and-500lb violin).

I haven't bought any new pedals in over a year and a half - since I got my Superfuzz clone (courtesy of one of our own). I mean, really, what more do you need after that? Guess I should take some new pics, eh. :)
gilmour_pugliese

Post by gilmour_pugliese »

hi! here are my pedals

:mrgreen:
James Hart

Post by James Hart »

Nice thread... here is my board :twisted:

Top row:
Ibanez AD9 delay, Maxon FL9 flanger, Maxon AW9 autowah, OLC Orangepeel, OLC Flipster (sold that one since the picture), OLC Sunkist Squeeze (Orange Squeezer with bass mods)

Bottom row:
maxon PT9 pro+ phaser, vintage Ibanez CS9 chorus, DOD FX35 octave, OLC Thor, Analogman KoT, Maxon CP9 pro+ compressor.
ak-47

Post by ak-47 »

Here is the board I am using right now...

guitar_tod77

Post by guitar_tod77 »

ak-47,

whattaya got to say about that swollen pickle? almost purchased one about 3 times now. i like it but have never had the chance to take one home and demo one thru my DR103. I've had Big Muff's (pi and triangle) MKII tonebenders and currently run a sunface. shed some light for me???
"I have terrible hearing trouble. I have unwittingly helped to invent and refine a type of music that makes its principal proponents deaf." ~PT
ak-47

Post by ak-47 »

It is really quite Swollen! :mrgreen:

Seriously, it is a very over the top fuzz and certainly requires an amp that takes pedals well... I think you would like it through your DR103 quite a lot...

I wanted something to nail those Black Sabbath and more modern, heavier stoner sounds and this pedal does the job really well and can deliver a tasty 60's fuzz for a bit of psychedlia too... but it does require some tweaking as there are lots of tonal variations available and the controls interplay with each other a fair bit. There is plenty of bottom end on tap and the scoop and crunch controls can make extreme differences in the sound ranging from smooth to spitting to compressed or to wide open 'in your face' fuzz. I have left the internal trim pots as is but might experiment again when I have some time. It really is a good all-in-one fuzz pedal and I love riffing through it. Sometimes I run it through my Zim to shave some of the prickles off of it and there are some nice overtones that shine through as a result. I think if you mess around with it for an hour or so you will be sold!

I also tried their 'Fat Sandwich' pedal which is really worth a look... a fantastic distortion pedal that just loves pushing the front end of a good amp. Might have to get one of them soon too....

Be warned though.. the pickle is really loud!