WANTED : WEM SPEAKER CLOTH or similar.

List your HIWATT / Fane equipment here. BUYER BEWARE! This site does not investigate / moderate / warranty any gear deals.

Moderator: Mods

hohohiwatter

WANTED : WEM SPEAKER CLOTH or similar.

Post by hohohiwatter »

i no this is probably to much to ask cause there dont seem to be any around, but does any1 know where i can get wem speaker cloth form??
or anything like it, i know selmer used to use similar, that'll do me if any1 has some o that?
when i say anything like it, it has to be pretty close.
has any1 started to make repro wem cloth?
for any1 like me, an i'm sure there r many, trying to make their own wem starfinder cab, the cloth is a must.
i'm suprised nobody has tried to make even a vague repro of it.
an before u say, i have already phoned up m.g. an asked them an they say no! bah!
U CANT BEAT A DR103 THRU AN SE4122 ON FULL TITS! BREAKOUT THE DEFAID!
pet0r

Re: WANTED : WEM SPEAKER CLOTH or similar.

Post by pet0r »

Sorry to hear MG doesn't sell. That was probably the only option besides DIYing.
hohohiwatter

Post by hohohiwatter »

to be honest i didnt really want to deal with the devil, just phoned on an off chance, but i'm glad they sed no, cause found out the stuff they put on their very expensive wem starfinder copy (with cheap china fane copy speakers) is just black cloth with the pattern printed on! an it isnt even quite right!
as always if u wanna do it right u gotta do it urself!!
OldSchoolDave

Post by OldSchoolDave »

You just gotta believe there's a bolt of that stuff rolled up somewhere in the world, forgotten and lonely :( .

Barring a hand-sewn recreation (read: expensive), I wouldn't have any ideas for you.

Dave
...Hey! I played that song when it was new...

http://www.OldSchoolDave.com
alschnier

Post by alschnier »

might be worth finding a small swatch (say on a dominator combo) & taking to a custom auto upholstery shop. may also be expensive as a 1 off. may also be a worthy business venture if someone is willing to offer quality repro fabric to gilmour fans far & wide :wink:
hohohiwatter

Post by hohohiwatter »

well yes thats what i was thinking but just aint got the time or the money to set up buisness, cause whoever does an gets it right is gonna sell a lot of it.
then the down side of that is every other 4x12 that anit a marshall will prob be a stafinder clone!!