Introduce yourself

News and announcements pertaining to this Discussion Board in general.

Moderator: Mods

MrMojo

Re: Introduce yourself

Post by MrMojo »

That's a good idea.
Hiwatt - can't stop at just one
reverberator

Post by reverberator »

Hi there , I am the new owner of DR 103 serial 2688 . Theres lots of great advice and tips here , well done!

I have been looking for one for years but finally got this one a few days ago.

Not mint and not quite standard , looks like a different power transformer but that dosn't matter to me. I have been using marshalls for years and I can't wait until I can crank this up loud , can't really turn it up in my house!

cheers guys.
Dr.HI-TONE
Site Admin

Post by Dr.HI-TONE »

Congrats and Welcome!
http://www.HI-TONE-Amps.com

HI-TONE, when only the best will do.

DR-F
Ted B

Post by Ted B »

Greetings ...

New here, have previously owned an early '70s DR103 and DR201.
Dr.HI-TONE
Site Admin

Post by Dr.HI-TONE »

Welcome Ted!

DR-F
OldSchoolDave

Post by OldSchoolDave »

Ted B wrote:Greetings ...
Hi Ted.

I'd like to personally thank you for being our 667th member! Our member count was stuck on the mark of the beast for about a day :( , 'til you came along.

Didn't want anyone getting the wrong idea about our little forum :mrgreen: .

Dave
...Hey! I played that song when it was new...

http://www.OldSchoolDave.com
Ted B

Post by Ted B »

Ah, well in that case, I'm glad I could come along in time to dispel any perceptions that this forum could be linked to satanic practices ...
Mr. Clean & Mean

Post by Mr. Clean & Mean »

Hello,

My name is Jason and I am looking to become a Hiwatt/HiTone owner. Clayton (Dr. Hiwatt) has been gracious enough to answer a slew of emails I sent him yesterday about getting the right setup. I am looking to go with a HiTone DR307 & HiTone 2x12 cab with DR-Fs as I want the classic Hiwatt sound, but at a volume I can manage. This will be my first head and cab, so any tips or input are appreciated!
BTW, from the reading I have done so far, this seems to be a really good forum where people seem to be helpful, knowledgable and respectful, which is not always the case with forums. It reminds me a lot of the Rickresource Forum, which I enjoy as as a Rickenbacker owner (4 of 'em & counting!). I cannot wait to see what a Ric sounds like with a Hiwatt/HiTone. I suspect it will be magic!

Thanks!
Dr.HI-TONE
Site Admin

Post by Dr.HI-TONE »

Welcome to the forum Jason!

DR-F
shakti

Post by shakti »

It's about time I introduce myself! My real name is Thorleif, I'm 33 and a medical doctor of profession, working in child and adolescent psychiatry. I've been playing the guitar since 14, electric since 16.

I was brought up on a diet of the usual suspects - I got turned on to Pink Floyd (all eras) and the Beatles at an early age, but it was upon discovering the Stones at the age of 12 that my ears really perked up, particularly Mick Taylor's work on get Yer Yayas Out. I discovered in quick succession most of the greats of the 60s and 70s, particularly Clapton, Hendrix, Beck, Santana, Page, Allman and not least Townshend. At 16 my world was turned upside down after hearing John McLaughlin for the first time, and he remains my greatest musical hero (hence my nickname after one of his groups).

Those formative years have had an immeasurable impact on me, as I return to those influences again and again, and not least the SOUNDS I heard on those records have become imprinted in my head. In my gear search, it's more or less about finding the gear that sounds and responds like what I heard on those magical records - a sound that is an integral part of the whole musical package.

My Hiwatt experience is somewhat limited - I've been a Marshall man mostly for years, and currently have 5 '68-70 basketweave cabs plus a few others, and have been building Marshall clones for five years now. Currently have a Bluesbreaker build, a JTM45/100, a JTM100 Black Flag, and have a block logo JTM45, a JMP50 and a 12-series JMP100 in the works. I also own a '65 AC30, a '66 blackface Super Reverb and a '76 Mesa Boogie Mk I - all in search of the classic sounds. Hope to be able to collect or build a few more classics, like a tweed Deluxe, blackface Deluxe Reverb, an 18-watter of some kind etc.

My first exposure to Hiwatt-style amps was when the first Page Hiwatt replica was unveiled, and I ordered a similar amp from the soon-to-be Royal amps. Many of you may have seen my thread where I went through a series of mods to make it more true to the original. I recently got my hands on a '69 Sound City 4x12 with 50w Fanes, so I'm currently building a CP103 clone to go with it. It will be monumental to finally have a Live at Leeds-style rig at my disposal!
Dr.HI-TONE
Site Admin

Post by Dr.HI-TONE »

Welcome Thorlief!

Better late than never! :lol:

DR-F
mikeydee

Post by mikeydee »

Hi I am Mike and I am amp freak, bass player and amp tech. Found this site while researching a repair of a Hiwatt PA and what a fanstastic resource. As often mentioned on this site The Who are a big influence on my attitude towards music in terms of performance and sonically - and of course Hiwatt is part of the classic image 70's Who.

Great job to everyone involved!!

www.amploft.co.uk
Dr.HI-TONE
Site Admin

Post by Dr.HI-TONE »

welcome Mike!

DR-F
protected

Post by protected »

Hi guys,
i'm a new user and i just love this blog!
My name’s Fabrizio ,I’m 32 and I’m from Italy.
... :D
mhuss
Site Admin

Post by mhuss »

Welcome to Hiwatt land, Fabrizio!

--mark