Introduce yourself

News and announcements pertaining to this Discussion Board in general.

Moderator: Mods

Dr.HI-TONE
Site Admin

Introduce yourself

Post by Dr.HI-TONE »

My name is Clayton, I organize the Vintage HIWATT Convention.

I have an obsessive/compulsive disorder centered around Vintage HIWATTs.

I must thank Mark Huss for his site and work! Without Mark's site feeding my hunger/obsession, there would be no Convention or good source of Vintage HIWATT info.

Welcome to the forum!
Last edited by Dr.HI-TONE on Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.HI-TONE-Amps.com

HI-TONE, when only the best will do.

DR-F
lp59pete

Post by lp59pete »

My name is Phil. I go to the Hiwatt convention! :D
OldSchoolDave

Post by OldSchoolDave »

My name is Dave. I live in MeenaSOHta.

This Hiwatt followed me home....can I keep it :D ?

...Hey! I played that song when it was new...

http://www.OldSchoolDave.com
mhuss
Site Admin

Post by mhuss »

My name is Mark Huss, and I never suspected that posting a few schematics that I had drawn (to fill in a huge gap Hiwatt technical info) would lead to being me considered a Hiwatt expert! :lol:

Sir Fink

Post by Sir Fink »

Hi all, Thanks Clayton for the heads up about this forum. Glad to see it.

These are without a doubt the best guitar amps ever made, and hey we even let the bass guys plug in sometimes...

I have #801 DR103 and love it.

Da Fink
DocRock

Greetings!!!

Post by DocRock »

Hi, I'm DocRock. I'm around on The Gear Page, and I'm a mod on the BJF Electronics forum.

I am a recent convert to the Hiwatt platform, and am the proud owner of an early-1972 DR-103, number 2384.

This is the best amp I've ever owned. I like it so much, I keep thinking, "Where have you been all my life?!"

I dunno, I had just grown up a Marshall / Fender guy like most of us probably. It had never occurred to me to try a Hiwatt. In addition to sounding killer on its own, I can't believe what an excellent platform for pedals this thing makes!!! (I use mostly BJF stuff...WOW.)

Anyway, happy to be here and eager to learn more.

Have fun

DocRock 8)
Nothing. I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything I thought it could be.
gldtp99

Post by gldtp99 »

My real name is Mark and i again thank Mark Huss for "drawing up a few schematics" and everything else he's put on his Hiwatt site.
I think i may have converted a JMP 100 watt NMV player to Hiwatt-type amps tonight---- he'd blown the orig G12M's in his cab and he came over to buy a cheapo 4x12 from me loaded with WGS Vin 30 clones to get him by for a while.
I asked him to "help me out" by testing a couple of my Hiwatt clones--- he played the DR103 Early 70's clone for over an hour straight---- Gib LP, no pedals--- he kept dialing in different tone combinations, more natural amp gain than i use with Hiwatts, with a big smile.
He said he'd never played an amp like this before and kept shaking his head as if he couldn't believe it---- he was getting some great tone and said he wants to come back and play these amps "seriously"
Paul86

Post by Paul86 »

Hi,
My real name is Paulo, and my main guitar is a Les Paul Standard 86, hence the handle.
I've always been a huge Who fan, specially PT's guitar work, and I've always wanted to have a Hiwatt.
Well, I guess I'll have to make my own. Thanks for everyone here, some I already know from Plexi Palace, some from TGP. And special thanks to Mark Huss. I'm really excited to be here!
mikhailwatt

Post by mikhailwatt »

gldtp99 wrote:thank Mark Huss for "drawing up a few schematics" and everything else he's put on his Hiwatt site.
+111 :lol:

Hey guys, I recognize many of you from the P/P. To everyone else... Hi, my name's Mike. I've been playing the guitar for something like 33 years, and I enjoy building guitars (and now amps) in my "spare time".

For many years I played a MIDI preamp/tube power amp rig. Last year my ADA preamp died... so I decided it was time to return to the classic head/cab format. I had planned to build a plexi clone, but I've always been a huge fan of HIWATT-era Lifeson tone. Then I stumbled across Mark's HIWATT page... and I've been experiencing HIWATT bliss for nearly a year since. :D

Kudos to Clayton and OldSchoolDave for creating this "ALL HIWATT - ALL THE TIME" hangout. 8)

Hope to meet many of you at next year's Convention.

Now, where's buster? :wink:
Last edited by mikhailwatt on Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You can almost feel the current flowing
You can almost see the circuits blowing
Mike B.

Post by Mike B. »

Guys,

Oh....you guys know me so I'll skip the introductions!

It's great to have a place of our own where we can discuss Hiwatts. Even if Dave is a member :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Mike
More Bass
"Nowadays if you're the young man...."

Support Commercial Free Conventions
Tripower455

Post by Tripower455 »

Tripower455 here......

Thanks for coming up with a great idea!
OldSchoolDave

Post by OldSchoolDave »

Mike B. wrote:It's great to have a place of our own where we can discuss Hiwatts. Even if Dave is a member :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
harumph!!!!

Hey Mike B. - how'd you like the honor of being the first member banned for life :D :D :D ???

Dave

Mike B.

Post by Mike B. »

OldSchoolDave wrote:
Mike B. wrote:It's great to have a place of our own where we can discuss Hiwatts. Even if Dave is a member :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
harumph!!!!

Hey Mike B. - how'd you like the honor of being the first member banned for life :D :D :D ???

Dave
Oh you silly, silly boy!

Actually, it might be worse for me to remain a member!! :wink: :D

Mike
"Nowadays if you're the young man...."

Support Commercial Free Conventions
marwatt

Post by marwatt »

my name is Davide
Pink Floyd and Mark Huss are responsable for my Hiwatt addicting...
not to much money to buy a second one but for the moment... a '74 is enough....

ciao Marwatt
OldSchoolDave

Post by OldSchoolDave »

marwatt wrote:... a '74 is enough....
She's a beauty!

Welcome! You are now officially in charge of the Italian VintageHIWATTConvention Contingent :) .

Dave