Help with my Hiwatt

HIWATT amps from the Hylight Electronics era

Moderator: Mods

Buzzardstein76

Help with my Hiwatt

Post by Buzzardstein76 »

I have had this DR105 for a couple of years now and I love it. I know a little about Hiwatt eras and models from looking up info online but a couple of things I'm stumped on. The green and white sticker on the chassis says it was made in 76. Nov. 9 I believe it is. It is a two hole input model but according to things I have read and seen the two hole models didn't come out until 77 or 78. The chassis has 4 holes at the input but I have seen that before. The red power light case on the two hole models is square shaped but this one has the round one from the earlier 4 hole models. It has the blue Harry Joyce signature inside on the bottom of the chassis plus the word Canada the number 81 (if I remember correctly) and another name on the bottom of the chassis like Walden or something like that all in the same blue marker. I bought the amp from a vintage amp store and when I bought it, it was all original minus the tubes. I was just wondering if this was one of the first Canadian models or a transitional period amp or just an ordinary one.Thanks.
Dr.HI-TONE
Site Admin

Re: Help with my Hiwatt

Post by Dr.HI-TONE »

DR105's had two inputs in 1976.
DR504 and DR103's did not have two inputs till 1978.

You have a regular DR105
http://www.HI-TONE-Amps.com

HI-TONE, when only the best will do.

DR-F
Buzzardstein76

Re: Help with my Hiwatt

Post by Buzzardstein76 »

Cool, thank you for the info