Hiwatt Fane for sale... (soon)

List your HIWATT / Fane equipment here. BUYER BEWARE! This site does not investigate / moderate / warranty any gear deals.

Moderator: Mods

Stelle79

Hiwatt Fane for sale... (soon)

Post by Stelle79 »

I'm getting my friends SE4123. It only has one original Fane left and as I'm gonna use the cab for bass powered by a DR203 the speaker deserves a better home, don't you think? Anyway I can't remember the model but it's a '72 or '73 stamped frame 50W. 14000 gauss, I think. Pictures and codes in a couple of weeks, when I get it.

How much would be a fair price for one of these?

I'm in Finland, and I guess shipping abroad would be quite expensive and risky. I've never shipped abroad so I have no clue, but shipping in Finland is already pretty expensive. :?

/Stelle
OldSchoolDave

Re: Hiwatt Fane for sale... (soon)

Post by OldSchoolDave »

Stelle,

I haven't seen many vintage Hiwatt Fanes change hands lately, so current market pricing is unknown. So much depends on the condition of the speaker. Some old Fanes develop a voicecoil rub (collecting dust / junk in the gap), which takes time and patience to resolve. Others may have been reconed along the way, diminishing value.

If yours is in perfect (original) working condition, it would be worth between $150 - $250 US in the States. Your location and shipping costs will impact that.

Please post pics and a detailed report when you have it in your possession.

regards,
Dave
...Hey! I played that song when it was new...

http://www.OldSchoolDave.com
Stelle79

Re: Hiwatt Fane for sale... (soon)

Post by Stelle79 »

Yes, it should be original and fully working. Pics to come... Thank you!
/S