Arrrrrgh I can't believe it!!!!

The Holy Grail of Speakers, when powered by vintage Hylight Hiwatt amps!

Moderator: Mods

thefatcyclist

Arrrrrgh I can't believe it!!!!

Post by thefatcyclist »

While all you guys stateside were watching a pair of Crescendos sore skywards, I was quietly watching a solid state 1972 HH IC 100 combo which had been retrofitted with a pair of the self same speakers. I never play the bid it to win it game on the bay,but bid late. So at lunch time I rushed home. With some excitement I switched on and loaded up Ebay, things looked good, at 30 secs to go I started to enter a much more substantial bid than the leading one at the time. Just before I pressed the confirm button Adobe decided to look for updates and by the time I stopped it I had lost the item.
Arrrrgh! Now I might not have won and the original first bidder was knocking off any bids coming in, so must have had a decent bid in. but I might have and I am so hacked off. Oh and the winning bid £78.80, yup $130, the amp alone was worth that!!!!!!!!!
Congrats to the winner, hope he resides on this site. You can have a look if you peruse the ended listings part of EBay.
What odds the Crescendos appearing back on the Bay as a separate item. I hope not.
Pass the tissues.
J
Chris9723

Re: Arrrrrgh I can't believe it!!!!

Post by Chris9723 »

Ouch.......Id be un installing Adobe!! good snag for the winner!